Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Saturday at Raincliff

Hi there, sorry this has taken me sooo long to get back to, but have been busy creating!!!!

Well, after such a late Friday night (or early Saturday morning) it was a fairly early start for me on Saturday, about 9ish I think, but after some breaky  I was straight back into scrapping two more pages for my Sister's (Christina) xmas present album.

This was harder than I thought it was going to be, I wanted more of the look the talented Dianne Hansen has on her pages, I love the way Dianne fills her pages up with lots of interesting things to look at, and sometimes you don't notice things until the 2nd or 3rd look, although I like how the pages turned out, it still wasn't quite what was in my head - whats that old saying..... one day Rodger!!!

Here are some pic's, again the lighting wasn't great when I took these.

and some close ups.......
This is Christina, Bridesmaid for our Aunty Jenny and Uncle Tom's wedding back on 12 July 1969.  I still have to put the date etc on the layout somewhere.......
 She is sooo cute!!!

  
The other two Bridesmaids are my eldest sister Maureen (middle) and my Aunty Loanne (Jenny & Mum's sister).

 The papers I used came with the K&Company album, on the first page I traced around the Dusty Attic frame I used on the second page to get the same shape and then gathered the lace (from a stash my Mum gave me, thanks Mum) around behind it and stitched it down.  The main photo fitted perfectly onto the Dusty Attic frame which I  left natural. The lace underneath the photo is from Wild Orchad Crafts, flowers are from Prima (except for the small roses and budds on 2nd page, they are also from WOC) along with the butterfly, Kaiser bling and Bo Bunny Vickki B Trinket.

I managed to finish these two pages somewhere between 2 or 3am.  You would think I'd have taken myself off to bed at this stage, but noooo silly me decided to keep going while the going was good, my next blog will show you the results of this.....

I also had a nice surprise in that my close friend Sarah and her daughter Olivia came down from Christchurch for the day to scrap with us.  What more could a girl want, great group of friends at the table to be silly with, food supplied and scrapping all day long, simply heaven!!!!!
Hope you had a great Easter weekend and didn't eat tooo much chocalate (if there is such a thing as tooo much chocalate that is :) )

See you next post
Cheers
Joanne

2 comments:

  1. looks great. you are so doing a great job. really pleased you enjoyed raincliff once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous double layout. Christina will love it. Love the colours- of course it even looks better in real life.

    ReplyDelete